Contributing images to the archive:
We welcome people for all over the county to add to this amazing collection. You don't have to be a professional photographer or even an experienced one. We're laying down an historical record so every image has value - we reject nothing (unless it's completely out of focus) and we credit every contributor by name.
At less than 50p per week, this offers remarkable value – and you’ll not only be contributing, but helping to sustain an incredible resource. If you want be a part of the After Alice Project, you can contact us.
About copyright assignment
We don't rely on grants – 'cos in true Yorkshire fashion we want to remain fully independent. By transferring copyright to the project, you can help it to survive – we can license and sell prints to bring in the funds that the project needs to pay for things like archival storage, server costs and admin. Over 11,000 images have been transferred in this way to the project so far. You can be a part of it and hand down the 'old photos' of the future to generations to come.
You can download the assignment form HERE.
1. Choose your film (B&W preferred as it will last longer in the archive, but we do accept colour).
2. Take your photos – as long as it's in Yorkshire and in focus, we'll accept it.
3. Develop and scan – this must be a TIFF and minimum 25MB. You can do it yourself, use our services (if you're a member) or use a commercial service (which can be expensive).
4. Edit the photo using your favourite photo editor – we recommend Lightroom.
5. Add a title, caption, location (including GPS), date and, of course, your name as the creator of the image – you can do all of this in Lightroom or use 'GeoSetter' free software.
6. Download and sign the After Alice Project copyright assignment form.
7. Send us the negatives and the signed copyright assignment document (by post) and the TIFF images (via Dropbox).
8. That's it – we'll do the rest and add your photos to the archive.
Please contact us to get started.