- Quick A-Zs
- Support us
Wyke ::: 7 images
Click on any image to see full details.
Wyke is a Ward in Bradford Metropolitan District in the county of West Yorkshire, England, named after the village of Wyke. The population taken at the 2011 Census was 14,958.Wikipedia
Wyke (population 14,180 - 2001 UK census) is a Ward in Bradford Metropolitan District in the county of West Yorkshire, England, named after the village of Wyke. The population taken at the 2011 Census was 14,958. As well as the area of Wyke, the ward includes the adjoining hamlet of Lower Wyke, the area around Carr House, known as Carr House Gate, part of Oakenshaw (the main part of which is in Kirklees), and most of Low Moor. It is bordered on the east side by the M606 motorway and extends up to the Staygate roundabout on the north. Wyke Methodist Church is located at Laverack Field in Wyke. The South Bradford Local History Alliance reports that "the Wesleyan movement held meetings in Wyke in the mid-19th century at a property in Wyke Lane known as Bink’s Cottage, and later at the home of Joseph Clark near the Temperance Hall. The original chapel was built in 1869 and was officially opened in 1871. A Sunday School was added in 1913." Source: Wikipedia
Public house on Towngate, Wyke
On Towngate, Wyke
Wyle Wash 'n' Dry on Towngate, Wyke
Wyke DIY store on Hanson Fold.
In Garden Field, Wyke. This was built in 1885 as the Zion Congregational Chapel. In 1926 it was converted into a silent picture hall with 600 seats by John Lambert of Leeds. It became known as Wyke Hippodrome, but closed down in 1931. The building…
Closed down reptile pet shop on Towngate.
Public house formerly known as the Oddfellows on Town Gate.